Stephen M. Ozcomert
Doctor of Law, The Emory University School of Law, 1991
B.A., Kenyon College
Attended many continuing legal education seminars on a variety of topics
Bar Association Memberships
American Association for Justice, State Bar of Georgia
Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
General Practice and Trial Section of the State Bar of Georgia
Atlanta Bar Association
- "Top Ten" personal injury attorney in Georgia by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine (2014) in the personal injury category
- "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine (2012) in the personal injury category
- Vice President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 1998-2013
- Rated “AV” (highest possible rating) by other lawyers and judges in Martindale Hubbell Attorney’s listing
- Named to the “Super Lawyers” list for Georgia which is open to only 5% of the members of the Georgia Bar
- Listed in the “Preeminent Lawyers of America”
- Has been selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer for six years
- Former Chair of the solo practice and small firm committee of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the General Practice and Trial section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Lectured at numerous trial lawyer education programs on trial techniques and how to handle personal injury cases
- Published several articles for attorney education and trial techniques in the publications of the American Bar Association and Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Admitted to practice in both State and Federal Courts both trial and appellate
Notable Awards and Verdicts
$3,000,000 to the surviving spouse in a wrongful death/medical malpractice case.
$1,900,000 to a man run over by a bus who sustained serious crush injuries to his legs.
$1,000,075 for a 26 year old woman who was injured and the injury resulted in complex regional pain syndrome in her foot.
$1,120,000 for death of 48 year old man in a three vehicle collision.
$1,100,000 to a woman who was injured by a bread truck overturning and causing her to have multiple back surgeries.
$1,050,597 to a woman who was injured in a head on collision and required a 3 level neck fusion operation.
And many others….